Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bullet Work

  • It occurs to me I will be in NY on Easter Sunday. In fact, we'll be flying home that day. W and I always go to church together that day. I wonder if either of us will go.
  • While thinking of church today, I remembered my Catholic roots. I wondered about Confession ("Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been 40? 38? years since my last Confession and these are my sins." I guess I'd have to bring a very long list.) and forgiveness; about a Christian religion that wasn't Bible based. I remembered prayers I learned.
  • I was lying in bed looking up through the trees at the sky tonight. It was very clear and Orion was clearly visible through the branches. When W was little we used to stare up at the stars and I would show him the constellations. We lived in rural PA where you could actually still see a sky full of stars. I found myself missing those times.
  • Today I printed out Living Wills, Health Care Proxies and a Handicapped parking application for my parents.
  • It was an awful, truly awful day at the office. I saw the worst throat I'd ever seen in a poor kid; lots of + flu cases (this year's vaccine didn't cover the strain everyone's got) and a dying patient and his wife. Amongst the sickies were the crabbiest patients you can imagine. I was deflated and in a down mood myself by the time I got home.
  • In 10 short minutes I managed to alienate StW, J and D. I should have gone directly to my room and locked the door but it was too late.
  • As I had wrath to spare, I also took it out on the mo'ron "cashier" at the Volvo dealer when we went to pick D's car up. $530 later and it still needs a new transmission. It won't go into reverse, so of course they brought it out to me and pulled it right up to another car. I went back in. The cashier was still playing Free Cell. (He's lucky he doesn't work for me.) "Won't they let you play on your MySpace here?" There was a big, sloppy, handwritten-in-magic-marker sign above his head that said, "Thank you for calling F's Volvo, this is Jeff, how may I help you?" Maybe if he weren't Free Cell champ Jeff would remember how to answer a phone without the hideous sign.
  • After crying more than once of late, or thrice, if truth be told, it finally occurred to me that I haven't been taking one of my meds for over a week. What a wonderful caregiver I am, no?
  • D (who is jobless but has a pittance left in his bank account) paid for his GF's tattoo today. It's her 18th birthday. GF, won't eat meat on Friday and wears ashes on Ash Wednesday. Somehow I don't see the tattoo going over well with her parents. Of course they may never see it. Whatever. Not my issue.
  • D drove my car to get the tire fixed or replaced. It took them 2 hours to decide it was not fixable(!) and to try to sell him a $160 new tire. No thanks. In that two hours he managed to buy a new hat and t-shirt.
  • I looked at and held a gun today. I pulled the thingie back (harder than I would have thought) to see where the bullets go (not that I put any in there!) and pointed it at a tree in the woods while looking through the thingie. (I have no idea what all the parts are called and haven't ever used or owned a gun. ) This one, which has a permit, was sort of taken into custody for safe keeping, and I'm not yet sure what to do with it.
  • StW, who might soon be renamed Souperman, made French Onion soup last night that was out of this world. He even shopped for all the proper ingredients first. So European-like. While sitting on the banks of the Seine made the crock of onion soup taste heavenly, StW's recipe yesterday was every bit as good, maybe better.
  • When doing next year's scheduling I am going to try to remember not to schedule work in the Spring Forward lose an hour of sleep weekend.
  • I think StW and I are going to have to tackle doing our taxes today. It's Sunday. I couldn't schedule a root canal instead. I really hope my mood is better today.
So let's see, it's 8:40 but really 7:40. Either way I'd be up. Sounds like some java needs grinding!

3 comments:

TLS said...

Good luck with the taxes... and the mood! :-D

Moves Mountains said...

My taxes are done and the cheque is in the mail!

Good luck with yours!

swamprad said...

I hate fooling with car repairs. STRESS!

Hope the taxes are going well. Only marginally worse than car repairs, imho.