- Tomorrow is my mother's 71st birthday. She can still work me under the table, and probably you too.
- Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday also. Ger's 1st son. He's legal now.
- My mom is a martyr, always has been. She can't help it. She was someone's slave in another life.
- I just saw a flash that looked like D. I think he came in to get his medicine and is now gone again.
- There is still an ice cream cake in the freezer with Happy Birthday and his name on it. It hasn't even been cut into.
- I think I'm empty nesting.
- Who's have thunk it?
- Interesting article about Singulair in the news today (linked to depression, anxiety, even suicide.) Guess who's on Singulair?
- ....than to fade away.... I'm fading away. No one will notice.
- It's almost April. It's been snowing all day. At first it was too warm to stick, but once again the boughs are white and droopy.
- J swept and mopped all my floors today, emptied all the bins and baskets, and bagged up trash and recyclables. It was nice to come home from work to clean floors and the smell of Murphy's Oil.
- D ran through here with wet shoes on.
- The sadness is overwhelming at times, and I don't know where it's coming from. I've certainly gone through way worse times than these.
- Tomorrow starts a week on call while BossFroc travels to Morocco. She's not excited, she's been there before. This is an obligatory "bring your wives with you" sort of trip.
- She gave me an American Airlines gift certificate for my birthday.
- I need to go in to the office tomorrow and take sutures out of a patient's forehead, then again on Monday to take staples out of her head.
- Other than that, I am going to forward the phones to my cell phone and hope it's quiet so I can wallow in peace for a few days.
- StW is very supportive, but worried. He needn't be. It happens in cycles, likely triggered by someone else's cycles.
- Or the moon.
- I finished The Red Tent. I loved it.
G'night.

7 comments:
We would notice! (I think your guys would, too, even if they won't admit it.) I can't imagine your light fading, tho.
Wow, J is awesome!
I've wanted to read The Red Tent.
Sometimes I think sadness is sort of triggered and cumulative. Like it is bittersweet to see parents transitioning into another life stage. And then maybe it triggers all the sadness of a lifetime even while bringing joy that perhaps couldn't have even been imagined. (and also bringing up that nagging question ... why can't anything ever be easy?)
Snow and howling wind. Sheeesh. Is April really only a weekend away? TWR (argh ... am loathe to admit ... don't know how to use signature.)
I loved The Red Tent, too. So different from anything I've ever read.
I think one of the best smells in the world is Murphy's soap, especially when it's accompanied by the realization that Someone Else Did The Cleaning! Heck, I'll take Pine-Sol under those circumstances.
Your mother's birthday is that of my step-father's. He is a very good man. Happy Birthday to all your family!
Very interesting in regards to Singulair, as well as many other drugs on the market, that haven't had long enough testing. And they refuse to look at pot seriously.
The sadness, perhaps a process involved with letting go.
I know your full with books, but after The Power of Now, read New Earth: Awakening to your Life's Purpose.
TWR -Thanks. I can't tell you how long that book has been in my possession and am glad I finally picked it up.
The signature thing...I need to reword that. I just meant please sign your name if posting anonymously. Oddly, you don't really need to, I recognized you from your first sentence! ;)
Molly, that sums it up perfectly, and I agree. I haven't read anything like that before either.
I'm looking for the books today. I think you're right about the sadness. I told StW now to worry, I think I'm just empty nesting. (But SURELY that can't be right!!)
Yeah, Red Tent is one of those books I bought dying to read it, and still am, but it is still unread. That seems to happen a lot in this house! But I can't seem to stop buying books. Just got The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer ... officially running out of book space ... wondering if I can get enough together for a Little City pick up. But it's hard to part with ones I've read cuz they feel like friends and hard to give up books I haven't read because I haven't read them yet ... TWR
Post a Comment