Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh That HOUR!

It's amazing how an hour in the Spring can make a difference. I'm exhausted and had a long nap today. I never nap (but what a great habit that would be to get into.)

StW and I spent hours on taxes today, but I have to admit that my job, since I'm not an engineer/number type person, has been much easier than his. I'm the gatherer...in my computer, in my bank account, finding medical bills and student loan payments made in 2007. I've already gathered print outs from the pharmacies we used last year. Did you know you get mileage to and from medical visits? Me neither. Just for therapy alone was 8 trips back and forth a month for me and 3 or 4 for D.

By early afternoon I started getting a bit restless, then tired. (I only feigned whiny though!) My back needed a rest from sitting and the heating pad and sofa comfort knocked me right out. Somehow I woke up in the meat locker though. The heating pad, blanket and cat stretched out on me must have contributed to my hot flash so into my room I went. Then I slept some more! Now here I am, pretty awake when I'm usually hankering for my bed. I'll be sorry in the morning.

__________

I decided to do some of my homework and have been researching Alzheimer's Disease, mostly as how it relates to the family. Strange, no matter how many patients you have, when it hits your own family, you're clueless where to begin. I guess somehow I've already begun, and I got some good ideas and resources online, even from Leeza Gibbons and Maria Shriver on Oprah. They both have parents with Alzheimer's.

I am hoping my Dad is still well enough to participate in some decision making when I get there next week. NEXT WEEK! In fact, I hope he stays well enough for a long time to come, but I am a realist...all of a sudden. The whole thing does make me so sad.

__________

Here I am, I've redecorated already. I guess I'm not feeling brown today. I liked the layout otherwise but couldn't change that border color. Maybe it'll come back one day, I do tend to do this a lot, but I also noted, quite accidentally, that "wishes" (with one s) also uses the same layout and a couple of (I hesitate to use the word "old") subscribers found her site and wondered if I was "Maria." (No.)

I only wish it were as easy to change the decor at home!

__________

It's almost Monday. Work and calls to NY doctors will keep me busy.
Tuesday I have to drive Souperman to a retinal specialist for a complete opening of his eyeball and an opinion on what to do about the Diabetic Retinopathy his ophthalmologist noticed a few weeks ago.
Wednesday morning D and I, along with this therapist, teacher and school psychologist have a brief meeting about attendance (or lack thereof) and to brainstorm about how to get him graduated.

__________

I've been invited to watch Beetlejuice with D, so off I go. It is a fun movie and we've been watching it since he was little. An invitation to share a sofa with him though, is rare indeed.

G'night.



__________

Oh goody, it's Moanday! So far I am completely unimpressed with Daylight Savings Time.


2 comments:

Angel-Miss Guided said...

Let's hope this works.
Nice new blog Missy!

Wissh said...

It worked, welcome! (It's about time you got here.)