Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Counting Down

March 18th. It was D's due date, half way between his dad's birthday and mine. He had other plans and waited 4 more days. I was concerned he'd come on my birthday, forever my birthday "present" never with his own special day. My birthday was always a weird day for my mother because it was also the anniversary of her own father's death. I always felt like apologizing to her rather than celebrating the day. I haven't packed my suitcase yet, nor had coffee, nor meds, but I am post shower, wondering if I ought to try to wake D for an attempt at getting to school ON TIME.

I have another interviewee scheduled for this morning, I wonder if this one will show up. After her, I think I'll revise the plan and hire a receptionist, someone already wants that job, and I'll be a nurse and office manager. I just haven't found a Medical Assistant with the office skills AND a doable drive to work. All who have answered the ad live out in the far away 'burbs.


The rest of the day will be spent getting ready for the trip, laundry, packing, making sure D has all his meds ready -you know, micromanaging everything so I can leave with my anxiety firmly in place. We have decided, since the flight change on Sunday, that we would all reconvene and celebrate birthdays and Easter on Sunday. Just the family and I'm sure there'll be pictures and stories of grandparents galore.

It's a gloomy rainy day, but it's okay. I heard an owl this morning, one of the less annoying birds. The rain is helping get the rest of the snow melted too, but OMG, the yard!! No worries, I'm sure D will have it all cleaned up by the time I get home.

Happy Holy week for those celebrating this most religious of weeks in the Christian calendar. Odd how far apart Easter and Passover are this year.


8 comments:

Angel-Miss Guided said...

It is funny how we remember our due dates. C was April 14th, I had her May 2nd. Never will I forget.
I am so touched my what has unflolded with you and your Dad. It warms me to the core. It' is time like this, I wish I had a Dad.
{hug}

swamprad said...

Hahaha. John was almost 4 weeks overdue. No doctor today would have let Melanie go that long, but it was perfect; he wasn't really overdue. Sarah was 2 1/2 weeks overdue. No doctor today would have let Melanie go that long. But 9 months gestation is an average, and my family is at the upper extreme. Neither baby demonstrated any signs of being "overdue". Today, we would be a section waiting to happen. Aussie, as the 3rd child, was only 1 week past his due date. Hahahaha, not that you (or anyone else in the universe) would care, but what are friends for, other than to share the minutiae of our lives?! On the same subject, their birth weights (remember, we are big people): John 10 lbs 2 oz; Sarah was our champion at 10 lbs 5 oz; Aussie has the title of "preemie" at 9 lbs 12 oz (exactly like Aunt Jennifer! I was 10 lbs exactly). Hahaha, why am I telling you all this?? Have a wonderful trip, dear girl!

beadbrat said...

Well I hope you have a wonderful birthday and Easter... try to handle the stuff that needs doing without thinking too hard about why it needs to be done... Just sink in and enjoy the time with Dad and Mom... If your dad has any nice old tables... just kidding of course, but anyone with too much furniture sounds like a friend of mine! LOL Safe trip and wonderful memories!

TLS said...

I'm excited for you (for your trip)!

<3

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, {{{Chriss}}} All very, very best wishes in the year ahead ... peace, health, happiness, every good thing. I hope your trip to NY is a good one. Have been reading and admiring your perspective and insight, as always. (Oops ... I can only figure out how to leave a comment under "anonymous".) Teme

Moves Mountains said...

Happy Birthday Chris..here's to a great weekend for you and you're family.

swamprad said...

Happy birthday, Chriss! I hope you'll have a great day today with your folks. Hugs...

Angel-Miss Guided said...

Happy Birthday Miss Chris!!
Have a good time.