Monday, March 31, 2008

Survived my LAST Spring Break!

  • Traffic Court Part Deux tomorrow
  • Which reminds me, I need to mail in my guilty plea on my own speeding ticket in NY last week
  • Signs StW really IS as nice as Mom thinks he is:
  1. He made dinner today
  2. He's listing stuff on eBay for me that I would have thrown away during my cleaning spree today and is taking bags and bags of stuff to Goodwill for me
  3. The house looks worse as my room looks better, he's ignoring that as the process continues
  4. He sat and oohed and aahed over photos, cards and scrapbooks with me today (somehow this was part of the cleaning process, so it will apparently take a bit longer than the day of toil I thought it would be)
  5. After I was showered and in pajamas, I had one of those "oh crap!" moments, remembering I scheduled 2 patients for tomorrow morning. He drove to my office and brought home their charts so I could call them to reschedule. (HIPAA be damned.)
  6. He also brought back a peanut buster with 9 thousand calories of hot fudge alone, even though we'd looked at photos earlier...photos where we were both thin and hot, both in our 20's, he along side his red Porsche convertible, me straddling a motorcycle in tight jeans and bodysuit. Youth really is wasted on the young. Ah well.
  • It's over!! Spring break is finally over and it's a school night. We'll see how that goes.
  • [It went fine.] It seems we're back to school night hours, not a word was said about his new adult age.
  • The real test is if/when he goes to school tomorrow.
  • StW is in the kitchen sterilizing his CPAP once again. Tonight I really do need to make an effort to stay in here the whole night. My room is still trashed, a dresser has been removed but clothes and boxes are all over my bed.
  • It's the last day of March.
  • There was just a band of coyotes warring outside. We quickly took a cat head count then turned the outside lights on to try to scare them away. What does one do? It's the freakiest sound.
G'night.

2 comments:

Solitaryman said...

J's birthday is in January and he turned 18 five months before he graduated. I was certain that we were in for a long, long five months, but nothing changed. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

The CPAP -- you're supposed to clean them??? There isn't supposed to green gook growing in the mask???

Anonymous said...

Hey there - I've been reading/catching up! How did bed shopping go?
Here is hoping D steps up and acts like the adult he apparently is now.
Had Little Man's appointment at a nearby hospital last week - the adhd guy thinks the main issue is the bipolar disorder and that the adhd meds really aren't doing a thing for him ( Gee and this guy has a degree!?!?!?!) Anyway - wants us to pull him off the Concerta for a week then start him on Adderall XR - cause we've had luck w/adderall before... I don't know... then the aunt went in the hospital and the hub is sick and.... yeah whaaaa whaaaa whaa is what I'm doing a lot of! She is home, Hub went to work and now I am typing a letter to Little Man's psych here to explain what the other guy wants to do etc. and see what he says.... yeah such an exciting life LOL
HUGS and LOVE
Deb