Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Marriage Takes Biggest Hit

D doesn't care. D doesn't work. D sleeps all day. I could go on and on, but this one isn't about him.

This one (will be) about the toll all this is taking on my marriage. StW hasn't ever had kids of his own. Maybe it isn't fair starting out with kids like mine. Life's not fair.

This isn't the first time we've *debated* over the kid, but I notice the sound is changing. StW would like to retire in the not too distant future. Retirement, in the past, didn't take into account what the economy has done to his savings, nor a problem man-child with mounting legal bills, huge medical bills, no job, no driver's license, lots of attitude.

I'm going to try for some more sleep before work in the morning. I'm glad it's MHW though.

G'night.

2 comments:

beadbrat said...

Well, its not like any of us can't see his side... he's worked a long time for his retirement and to see it go down the tubes must be disheartening. Especially when D doesn't care. I bet if he at least attempted to let StW know he apreciated what he has done thus far.... but we know that's not really in the cards...

On the other hand its not hard to see where you are coming from... flesh of your flesh and all.It is hard to let them sink or swim, especially when there are issues...

Maybe the answer is that SAtW isn't expected to contribute anymore... he has done far more than many 'real' dads would....

TLS said...

** hugs ** I didn't see this one until today.

Oh, the whole sink or swim thing. It's a rough idea. How did MHW go? Did it help at all?

Where are you at today?

<3<3