But for now I'll just share a bit of Friday's adventure.
After 2 1/2 hours in Court, waiting for his turn, J's year old case was finally dismissed as he'd completed all the requirements. We got to watch DOZENS of cases. O M G ! Anyway, I'm not sure where he learned this, but J knows how to dress well, and looked better than some of the attorneys -the only other well dressed people in the Courtroom.
I digress, as usual, because that had nothing to do with this tale.
FINALLY it was over. We walked through the Courthouse halls towards Security, on our way back to the parking garage. Just as we neared the Security check point, someone looking remarkably like D was just passing through. He looked like he does most every day, complete with eye makeup. Certainly not his Court clothes from Tuesday. With him, having her purse rifled through by a guard, was someone who looked exactly like his on again, off again GF. We all met eyes at the same time.
"Hey."
"Hi. What are you guys doing here?"
"We're here to get a marriage license."
"Really. Where are you going to live?"
"Well, we're not getting married yet. Just getting the license."
"Oh. Okay."
By then GF joined us.
"Hi. Whatcha guys doing here?
"We're picking something up for my Dad. He's a lawyer."
"Hm. So which one of you is lying?"
GF, as she's dragging him away whispers, "what did you tell her?!"
J was waiting outside, uninterested either way. He's done. D has some Courthouse visits left to look forward to.
G'night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GF was truthful. Son really knows how to yank my chain. It just didn't happen to work this time.

2 comments:
*speechless*
Be back when I find words! LOL
** more hugs ** to you... Be strong. That's all I've got for you. Wow.
Post a Comment