Thursday, February 28, 2008

All's Well

Group Therapy, if for no other reason, is wonderful for getting things in perspective. As if I didn't know this already, I am not the center of the universe and some people really ARE more f'ed up than me. The particular Group I'm in make me feel uber normal. Usually by the time Wednesday rolls around, it's a reminder I'm appreciative of. [Of which I'm appreciative.]

My afternoon solo session went well also, and I think I do have the parental things under control. For now. (That's my parents, not me as a parent. Huge distinction.)

I had the bonus of chatting on Skype, in between head shrinkings, with my gal pal, Pet. She knew the computer would work well for us, heck we're both on it anyway, plus I'm phone phobic so, voila, a long distance chat with no phone bill! We did lots of catching up; it's always weird to realize someone's kids are all grown up when you still remember them as children.

I love Thursdays. I allow myself an uninterrupted 2 hours of LOST, the first one a captioned enhanced (read: repeat) of last week's episode, followed by the weekly all new episode. It's better than football even. But first to make it through the last patient day of the week. I have so much left to accomplish, and the week's almost over. I'll have extra days though: I'm on call again this weekend, and it's a Leap Year!

Hey, it's light out in the mornings again!

4 comments:

swamprad said...

I do envy you your group therapy. I am certain that your whole therapy experience is much more intense and powerful than mine, but mine is helping me, of that I am certain.

Hahahaha, I still need to watch Season 3 before I can watch the current shows! I need to just quit procrastinating and join Netflix, duh!

I'm glad you have the parental things under control. To quote something I read a few minutes ago: "Refuse to rescue!"

pet70 said...

Your comment about Group making you feel more normal reminds me about the "joke" that some people are here to serve as a warning to others...

I look forward to chatting with you on Skype again... it's been too long, way too long, and so much more to talk about, things that just take too long to type.

You sound so much more upbeat than in the recent past, so Group and your single session are clearly having a good effect. I found when you have the right therapist (I had one for marriage therapy), it really does make a huge difference and enables you to cross so many barriers and get right with yourself. I am always grateful I had that opportunity--it opened my eyes to things I don't know that I would have ever realized on my own, and cleared up so many issues. Keep going... the progress is clear.

Wissh said...

Doc, every time I think I need to quit Group, a really good session or moment of enlightenment comes along and I realize I need to stay.

As for the quote at the end...it could not possibly be more appropriate this morning, thanks!! I'm going to get started ASAP!

Wissh said...

P, I'm glad that you noticed, as I know how observant you are and how well you know me. There aren't actually many left who knew me pre-accident, so you've had a lot of "me's" to observe over the years. (I feel like a Science experiment now.)
I enjoyed our chat too and walked into Group late, TYVM! This triggers some of them. ;)